Friday, September 17, 2010

Morning after dark




I think the only reason I'm still here is so I can tell myself I knew it all along.
Maybe I'm mistaken.
...
Maybe I'm mistaken. 
Maybe still waters do run deep. 
I'm living proof of it.
But it feels as though something lurks beneath the surface and I cant quite make out what it is... 
And honestly, at the end of the day we're right back to where we were to begin with,
doing the same things we did before, complicating this dysfunctional whatever it is that we are... 
and although I have to admit I'm kinda okay with most of it,
I'm still the biggest coward when it comes to things about love... 
I'm terrified of the outcome, yet I keep playing with fire,
putting my fingers to the flame like its nothing
and taunting fate with my tongue out like I'm a badass
when on the inside I'm just your typical girl looking for what everyone else also wants:
To love and be loved in return.... 
I know I'm rambling on in vague terms, purposely avoiding addressing the issue at hand... 
But what's a lady who can't keep a secret? 
....
oh yeah, I know... 
A girl with a blabbermouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment