Thursday, July 23, 2009

Esperar.::|::.Waiting

I originally wrote this in Spanish, which I have spoken since as long as I can remember. I'll admit I kinda cheated and instead of translating it myself, I used the Google Language tools. I did however, tweak it afterwords, so that it was coherent and cohesive.
Let me know what ya think. :)


Esperar

Comprendo
vendo tiempo al tiempo
haciendo horas en un intento de entretenimiento
en la espera
al ver pasar el viento, viviendo en silencio
esperando
sin conocimiento
el momento
preciso, exacto, friamente calculado
esperando
sin saber el dia la fecha y la hora,
esperando
porque es lo unico que queda por hacer
esperando
para no perder el juicio, la cordura,
esperando
para tener razon de existir
esperando
para poder soñar
para soñar los sueños que hoy son solo humo que escapan mis labios
los sueños que son el futil intento de besar el sol, de viajar en una nube.

Esperar
porque el alma añora, anhela
porque queda aflijida en la envidia vana
Esperar
porque sin la espera no hay esperanza.

Esperar
porque es lo único que nos queda, lo que nunca termina
Esperar
porque sin la espera, no hay vida
________________________________________________________

Waiting

I understand
I sell time to time
making hours in an attempt at entertainment
in the waiting
to see the wind pass, living in silence
waiting,
without knowing
the when, the moment
accurate, precise, coldly calculated
waiting
not knowing the day, the date and time,
waiting
it is the only thing left to be done
waiting
hoping not to lose judgement, sanity,
waiting
to have a reason to exist
waiting
to be able to dream,
to dream the dreams that today are just smoke that slips through my lips
the dreams that are the futile attempts to kiss the sun, to travel a cloud.

Waiting
because the soul yearns, longs
because it remains aching in vain envy
Waiting
Because without waiting there is no hope

waiting
because it is all that we have, all that never ends
waiting
because without the wait there is no life

No comments:

Post a Comment