Thursday, August 27, 2009

The knight in shining armour

You know how I always say I want to be your knight in shining armor? The thing about it is that you're so self-reliant that you never give me the chance to come to your rescue.
-Babes




Well Damn.
I have always prided myself in being independent and self reliant. I am not one to play the victim role, and I am not a princess waiting to be rescued. You can say in a way, that I am Fiona from Shrek.
I was actually kinda hurt when I heard these words. I'm not too sure why. I mean, aren't independent women much more easier to live with, to maintain, to endure?
If I weren't the way I am, I would feel like a child that needs to be tended to. If you are capable of doing whatever, then I can do it myself as well. I have always had that approach. So why are men threatened when a woman knows her potential and is not afraid or ashamed of it?




No comments:

Post a Comment