Thursday, January 21, 2010

Score! - A perfect application of Master pimp's teachings

So after a night out with my brother Dude, and his best friend Cuban Hottie, some unexpected things happened. The guys told Jacob I was on a date with Cuban Hottie, and when Jacob called, he heard him. Yikes. I agreed to hanging out with Jacob and the Dominican crew to watch the 4th Star Wars movie, and Jacob offered to pick me up around 10-11 am.
Except I didn't get home until somewhere between 5 and 6 am... and passed out. Like all things in this complicated life of mine things got better from there.


Score! A perfect application of Master Pimp's teachings 


After the night out with Cuban Hottie and my brother, I got home and passed out. I slept ridiculously well. I woke up feeling rejuvenated and happy. And then I remembered I was supposed to be up early to meet Jacob.
I looked outside. I was WAY too bright to be 11 am.
I laughed and laughed and laughed. Instead of getting up and going to figure out where was my phone, I rolled over and fell asleep again for a while.
I woke up, and looked through my things. My phone died in my coat pocket.
I plugged in the charger and turned it on. I had 10 messages from Jacob, ranging from happy to pissed.
Needless to say, I was really amused by all of this, of course.
How could I not be? I was getting back in some way the dignity I lost in putting up with all the shenanigans I did before.
I read over the messages, and the last one was the one from which I got the most kick out of:
He said:
"If you changed your mind about hanging out with me, that's cool. You could've at least answered the phone and said something, instead of just turning it off on me so I get the voicemail"

Oh Damn.
I tried to stop my laughing and be serious, and I called Jacob, to which, at my slight surprise, he answered.
He asked what was going on, and I told him I overslept and my phone had died, since I forgot where Cuban Hottie had left it when he dropped me off home.
Jealous again, Jacob asks if he slept over, and I tell him he didn't, adding a slight hint of sadness to my voice.
I ask him if they're all watching the movie, to which he answers that they haven't and offers to pick me up, which I said would be cool.
I scramble out of bed, shower and throw on sweat pants and head out.
We head over to Pilot's house, who's got a girl over, whom we'll call Out-of-State-E because she lives in Arizona, or something like that.
We head to the basement and turn on the movie, and of course they sit on one couch and I have to sit on the other one with Jacob.
This time, in some sort of thoughtless moment, I just sit right next to him and grab a pillow and get cozy. He takes this as a cue to put his arm around me and I give him a look between puzzled and concerned, to which, he answers, "Oh so cause you went on a date I'm not allowed to do this anymore?"
I laughed of course and elbowed him, and just watched the movie.
The movie was ok. I kept falling asleep because I was completely exhausted from everything from the night before.
Jacob offers to take me out to grab lunch or something, and I tell him I'd rather not, because I have plans. He assumes I'm going out with Cuban Hottie again and I don't clarify.
I end up going home, and staying in the rest of the day, but I swear I was happier for it.
It's as though he's like some sort of bad indulgence, one which you pay the consequences for if you overindulge.

I do have to admit. It does feel good to have the upper hand.


-Catch y'all laters


Jezz ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment